Sunday 10 December 2017

Yep, I'm Still at it! Keto!

It's been a while since I updated my blog, but who the heck wants to hear me talking about keto week in and week out? Lol.

Well here I am, almost 2 months in, and still going strong!  I'm feeling pretty comfortable with this way of eating, but yes, I am still tracking most of my meals.  I am starting to get a feel for eyeballing my meals, but the time it takes to measure and input into myfitnesspal really isn't that big of a deal to me. I typically do it in the morning with my coffee as I have already planned out my lunch, and on track days, my dinner too. 

The best part is, I am still seeing slow gradual weight loss.  I am down a total of 15lbs to date, and the best part.... my clothes are once again starting to fit again! Woooo!  I am feeling much better about myself, and finding the confidence to wear shirts that maybe fit a little tighter.



I'm still trying to workout, at least in my garage.  I am continuing with my crossfit style workouts and strength training 2-3 days a week.  I did give up running, not forever, but just until I am fully fat adapted.  I was becoming way too frustrated with not being able to run well, and it just wasn't worth it.  I am confident that when I decide to return to running (likely in the new year) my body will be ready to be fueled by fat, and it will be enjoyable again.

I am playing around still with intermittent fasting, and just purchased the book The Complete Guide to Fasting - by Jason Fung, MD and Jimmy Moore.   I have found fasting quite easy lately, I am not hungry more often I am hungry.  I will share my take on fasting when I have read the book and have more information at my fingertips.  (This will be after Christmas, as I will be wrapping the book up for myself as a gift from my animals. LOL)

My newest Keto adventure is exogenous ketones.  I recently made a purchase from Perfect Keto, and I am super excited to see how these exogenous ketones enhance my keto journey - so be prepared for a blog post on that too!

Anyways, just a quick update for now.  Hope to chat in a week or two - providing Christmas doesn't get too crazy!

Keto On!
JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment