Sunday 8 October 2017

It has been a while.... Too long!

And once again I fell off the wagon.  I continue to want to share my blog, share my recipe successes and flops, my ever changing diet, and what I am doing for exercise in my life, BUT I never make time to do it.  I am not promising that I will be successful, but I sure am going to give it one last try!

What I have realized lately is that a few of the people I share my blog with actually enjoy it.  Some use it as a source for recipes. And of course, some people just outright ignore it - and that is ok too!  It's not everyone's cup of tea to listen to me babble along about my life and what I am enjoying to cook in that moment.

I also realized that my blog also gives me an outlet.  It allows me to share things I am learning, and sometimes I may go a little sideways and vent.  All of this is ok!  It is what it is for each person that reads it, and it is what it is for me on the day I write :)



So a quick update...
My darling little girl is now almost 6 1/2 - crazy to think I started writing when she was just a teeny tiny one!

Not exactly a single mom any more, but not in the way you may think.  hahah. My parents recently moved into my house.  Although I am still financially responsible for my household, it sure helps out that I don't need to stress about before and after school care.  I can work evenings when I need to, and I can give myself a little more time for me.  Its great to have so much help around the house with yard work and things like the dishwasher and the kiddos laundry!

I'm still working as an SLP for the same great place.  I am now also providing in-home supports for families which I absolutely loved.  This summer I did some summer camps for a great organization, and I loved it.  Hopefully more of those in my future too :)

I have also started coaching Track and Field in the past year. Track was always my sport and I loved coaching as a younger person.  I found that getting back into track was not only giving something back to the support that provided my with so many opportunities, it was also giving something back to me - a small piece of myself.

I have recently switched to the Keto Diet, but I will be sure to share all about that in a separate post. 

I'm continuing to pursue my running goals, and crossfit-ish workouts in my garage.

So really... not much has change.  What has changed is that I am excited to be finding some me time in my life, and hopefully I can share some of that here :) 

Take care, and we will chat soon
JoJo :-)

2 comments:

  1. You sound so happy! I love hearing every single bit of it! Xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear friend :) things are starting to turn around!

      Delete