Thursday 8 August 2013

Almond Berry Scones

It's been a long time, and I have some catching up to do!!  Its not that I have not been baking and trying out new recipes, I have just been super lazy and not written about them, and shared them!  So here I am, back on track.  

I made these scones this morning, and I have to say, I was skeptical.  I have an absolutely amazing scone recipe (pre-paleo) that is always very very popular.  I didn't want to be disappointed.  When I made the batter, it looked like goop, but I have to say, they baked up quite nicely.  (I have already eaten 3, so they must be tasty ;-) LOL) I added a lot more frozen fruit than the recipe called for, a few of my scones we soggy, but just as tasty.  I think my frozen strawberries were just too big.

Look at me getting all fancy with my China plate for pictures ;-) LOL

The recipe so far only has 1/3 stars.  My husband won't eat them because of the fruit, and I have not bothered giving them to Avery so far :-0

Super easy recipe, not a lot of ingredients, and cooking time is quick (although I broiled mine at the end for a few extra minutes to brown the tops)

Ingredients:
  1. 2.5 cups of almond flour
  2. 1/2 tsp sea salt - one of the ingredients I never measure
  3. 2 eggs
  4. 4 tablespoons honey or other natural sweetener or 4 dates, pureed I used honey
  5. 1/3 cup melted butter or ghee I used butter, scones = butter
  6. 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries I probably used over a cup, but I like lots of fruit
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a baking sheet with butter or coconut oil.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until combined. Add melted butter, and honey.
  4. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
  5. Fold in berries.
  6. Drop ¼ cup of dough onto the baking sheet, shape into triangle shapes. this was a little messy
  7. Bake 15 minutes.
Ta Da! Your scones are done! super simple!  I am looking forward to my coffee and scone tomorrow morning... oh wait, I Crossfit in the morning.  I will have my coffee and scone for lunch!!

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did, and you can go without eating 3 by noon ;-)

Happy Baking!

JoJo!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment