Friday 21 June 2013

Bacon Guacamole Stuffed Burgers!

Even more deliciousness!!  How does it keep just getting better and better?!?!  This recipe is super easy because you are already a pro at the bacon guacamole, so now you just need to stuff some burgers with it!

Nobody in my house ate this other than me, so you just have to take my word for it that its delicious.  I was worried about heating up guacamole.  I thought it would brown or just go funny, but it stayed just as delicious as it was before it went in the burger!

Super easy, the original recipe is for pork, but I used ground turkey and added some lime juice to the meat.  Maybe next time I will throw some of my homegrown cilantro in the meat.



Ingredients:
  • 1 lb pork sausage links, removed from casings (I used ground turkey)
  • 1/3 batch of bacon guacamole, about 4 oz,  

Directions:
  1. Measure your pork/turkey into 8 evenly sized portions. This is so much easier with a kitchen scale!Who the heck has a kitchen scale?!?!  I just make my best guess.
  2. Lay out a sheet of parchment paper and flatten your portions of pork into thin patties.I hate parchment paper, but I do use it for things like this
  3. Spoon 1 oz of bacon guacamole (from your 4 oz container) onto 4 of the burger patties, spreading it evenly, but leaving a gap all around the edges. (i just scooped it on until it looked full enough) 
  4. Next, lay one of the remaining thin patties on top of each guacamole-topped patties. Pinch the edges to seal the two patties together, use the edge of your palms to make sure the patties are round, then flatten the tops gently. (if you dont pinch the sides your burger patties will seperate, still tastes just as good though)
  5. Cook thoroughly on the stovetop or the grill, approximately 5 - 6 minutes per side. (we bbq'ed ours, not sure on the time.  use your best judgement)


 Original recipe is from Paleo Parents, but I got it from: http://meatified.com/stuffed-bacon-guacamole-burger/

Hope you enjoy!  Happy BBQ-ing!

JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment