Sunday 16 December 2012

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I have been doing a lot of cooking and baking experiments lately, so I thought it was about time that I shared some of the recipes with you!!

I purchased the book Practical Paleo and I have jumped right in with testing out the recipes!!  So far I have loved every single one of the them.  

For anyone interested in Paleo, the book is broken into 3 parts.  Part 1: The Why-Food and your body,  Part 2: 30-day meal plans, Part 3: Recipes. 

The why section was written well, it even made sense to me! The meal plans will be great if you are just getting started and need a little structure, and the recipes.... well just delicious!! The recipes are divided into seasoning mixes, breakfast, poultry, beef and bison, seafood, lamb, pork, side dishes, sauces and treats!!  Lots and lots of options
                                                                            for everyone!!

Today I will share my adventures with their buffalo chicken wraps!



Ingredients:
1lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs - I used 3 fairly large chicken breasts
2 teaspoons of chipotle powder
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
Sea salt and black pepper to taste - no black pepper for us (I'm not a huge fan)
2 tablespoons coconut oil

1 head of butter lettuce
1 avocado sliced
1/2 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes halved
2 tablespoons chopped green onions - we skipped this part

Directions:
1.  Slice the chicken thighs into 1/4 inch strips
2.  toss the chicken into a mixing bowl with the seasoning
3. in  a skillet on medium heat melt coconut oi and put chicken thighs in
4.  cook for 5-10 minutes turning occasionally untill cooked all the way through
5.  serve in lettuce cups, top with avocado, tomatoes, and green onions

The prep time took absolutely no time at all.  Cooking time was just as quick.  I took the left overs to work for lunch and they were still DELICIOUS!!!!!

Give them a try! You will love it!

JoJo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment